The Mission of the Catherine McAuley Center is
- To directly minister to women and to the economically poor.
- To provide temporary shelter for women and children in crisis.
- To assist women to attain safe, affordable, permanent housing.
- To provide women support services leading to self-reliance.
- To assist women to attain medical and community resources.
We reflect the mission and philosophy of the sponsoring Sisters of Mercy of the Mid-Atlantic Community; are faithful to the teachings of the Gospel; and respect the unique privilege of each individual to move toward self-determination.